Whether it's a quick and easy dinner, beautiful dessert, a spectacular dip or refreshing cocktail, there's a recipe here you can add a bit of Flasch for any occasion
- 6 or 7 ripe tomatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Flaschengeist Organic Basil Extra Virgin Olive Oil.2 tablespoon
- Flaschengeist Dark Balsamic Vinegar1 tablespoon
- basil leaves, thinly sliced or chopped.6-8 fresh
- Flaschengeist Pink Salt, more or less to taste.3/4 teaspoon
- 8 x 1cm-thick slices Pane di Casa bread
- 1 garlic clove, extra, halved
- Place the tomato, crushed garlic, onion, chopped basil,1 tbsp of the oil in a bowl. Season and toss to combine. Set aside for 15 mins to marinate.
- Meanwhile, heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Brush both sides of bread with remaining oil. Cook on grill for 2-3 mins each side or until toasted.
- Rub the cut side of the garlic halves over 1 side of the toast. Top with tomato mixture and basil leaves and drizzle balsamic vinegar over the top.