The Whisky Sour is a classic cocktail for a reason with a blend of tart, sweet and boozy it is absolutely delicious.
The exact Whisky Sour ingredients list may have evolved over time since, adding egg white to the mix for a distinctly creamy texture, but the core flavours and refreshing taste remain the same winning combination. This whisky cocktail is a great whisky beginner’s drink too, as the sharp lemon notes round off the full-bodied flavour of whisky. Our Flasch version has a slight twist of golden goodness which includes our Honey Highland Liqueur.
Enjoy a honey lemon whisky sour for happy hour! This recipe modifies the classic whiskey sour by replacing the lime juice with lemon and the sugar with our Flaschengeist Honey Highland Liqueur.
- 60ml Johnnie Walker Scotch Whisky
- 30ml lemon juice (preferably freshly squeezed)
- 30ml Flaschengeist Honey Highland Liqueur
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 egg white (optional)
- Add Whisky, lemon juice, Honey Highland Liqueur, honey and the egg white to cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Place lid on cocktail shaker and shake hard, about 1-2 minutes.
- Strain liquid (no ice!) into a rocks glass to serve up, or with ice to serve on the rocks.
If you have a hard time dissolving the honey, you can make a honey syrup by diluting it with 1-2 teaspoons hot water.
You can omit the egg white, too, but I think it makes for a lovely, frothy addition to this classic. I prefer my whiskey sours served up/neat, but you can also enjoy them on the rocks.
Whiske is the key ingredient in a whisky sour. Don’t skimp on the good stuff here — always use the best and we recommend none other than Johnnie Walker.
Enjoy this sweet and sour drink, you'll definitely be making this more than once!